1. GENERAL BEHAVIOUR OF VISITORS
All visitors should behave in such a manner as not to disturb the tranquility and safety of other visitors. Respectful behaviour is required of all visitors, both vis-à-vis the site of SOS VORTEX de Montréal, its staff and other visitors.
It is forbidden to perform any act that contravenes this behaviour, in particular but not limited to:
- smoking in the enclosure
- by-pass any line-up or hinder the circulation of other visitors
- engage in races, jostling, sliding or climbing on the site
- lean on windows, pedestals and other presentation elements
- affix graffiti, inscriptions, marks or vandalizing anywhere on the site
- depositing or disposing of garbage or other objects (paper, broken glass, chewing gum, etc.) other than in the garbage bins provided
- enter the site while intoxicated or under the influence of illegal substances
- disturb other visitors by any noisy act
- to engage in unpleasant, aggressive behaviour or to use hateful, threatening or violent language or gestures
- conduct quests within the site
- without reasonable cause, handle an alarm box or any other means of escape (fire extinguisher, fire hydrant, etc.)
- leave unattended, even for a few moments, any personal objects
- to be undressed and barefooted
Visitors are required to obey all directions directed to them by the staff of SOS VORTEX. Failure to follow instructions or panels may result in restriction or expulsion from the site.
2. WEATHER CONDITIONS AND MAINTENANCE
For the safety of its users, SOS VORTEX reserves the right to temporarily suspend the operation of the wheel during certain weather conditions (electrical storms, heavy rain or snow, strong winds, etc.) or during maintenance operations. The operation of the wheel will resume when conditions are deemed safe by management. The bistros and restaurants of the site may remain open.
Certain major climatic events could cause the wheel to close prematurely or prevent its opening. Information to this effect will be available at the ticket office and/or displayed on the website lagranderouedemontreal.com.
In the event of a temporary disruption or suspension of operations, only clients whose tickets, having been validated the day of, were prevented from riding SOS VORTEX, will be issued a replacement ticket for future use.
3. RESPONSIBILITY OF VISITORS AND THEIR OBJECTS
SOS VORTEX declines all responsibility for lost or stolen items. SOS VORTEX also declines all liability caused by any visitor, or property in the custody of a visitor, in the event of damage to any person anywhere on the site.
4. NAUTHORIZED PRODUCTS ON-SITE
All food, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages from outside SOS VORTEX site area are not permitted within the site. Security guards are authorized to validate the contents of any visitor’s bags and personal belongings. Only the consumption of food and drinks sold on the site is allowed.
It is prohibited to introduce onto the site’s enclosure objects that, by their destination or their characteristics, pose a risk to the safety of persons or property, and in particular:
- weapons and ammunition
- explosive, flammable or volatile substances
- heavy, bulky or nauseating objects
- any bag or other hand luggage with a capacity greater than ten litres ( ≥10kg)
- drones or any other unmanned aerial or ground vehicle.
- Security guards may refuse objects whose presence does not seem to them to be compatible with the security or good behaviour of the establishment.
As a security measure, staff may be asked at any time to ask visitors to open their bags and personal belonging and to present their contents at the entrance or exit, as well as at any place on SOS VORTEX. Anyone refusing this verification may be refused access to the site or be expelled.
No pets are allowed on SOS VORTEX, buildings, or food courts with the exception of guide dogs with official certification (proof of service dogs may be required). SOS VORTEX declines all responsibility resulting from guide dogs, which remain, at all times, under the sole responsibility of their owner.
6. TAKING PICTURES AND VIDEO RECORDINGS
All photos and / or images taken on SOS VORTEX must be used only for personal purposes or for publication on personal social networks. Any use of commercial photography, filming, or recording of radio and television programs, is prohibited without written permission from management.
7. SECURITY CHECKS
Anyone with a ticket or wishing to access SOS VORTEX may be asked to present the contents of their bags and packages at the entrance to the SOS VORTEX.
Admission is free on SOS VORTEX for children under 3 years old.
It is mandatory that children 13 years old and under are accompanied by an adult, or in the case of school trips, by adult supervisors.
The presentation of a valid student card is mandatory to take advantage of the reduced rate for students.
The presentation of a valid identity card is mandatory to take advantage of the reduced rate for seniors.
The presentation of a valid identity card is mandatory to take advantage of the reduced rate for Quebec residents.
Regular tickets, all categories combined, sold on SOS VORTEX site or via the box office of its website are valid for one entry only. A ticket is considered used once it has been scanned into the registration system.
Any form of reproduction or resale will be considered fraud and offenders will be prosecuted.
SOS VORTEX is not responsible for lost tickets and/or damaged. It is the customer’s responsibility to keep the ticket in a good condition so that it can be validated. Any illegible ticket will be refused.
You must review your ticket selection before you submit and confirm your order. Subject to the provisions below for cancelled and/or postponed events (point 2.3), there are no exchanges or refunds once the ticket(s) have been purchased.
The ticket(s) may not be used for any advertising and/or promotional purposes (including contests and sweepstakes) or resold for the purposes of same without prior written authorization of SOS VORTEX.
9. MODIFICATIONS TO THE SERVICE AND PRICES
Prices for our products are subject to change without notice.
We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Service (or any part or content thereof) without notice at any time.
We shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
10. APPLICATIONS OF POLICIES AND REGULATIONS
Any contravention of these articles will be subject to the expulsion without refund or compensation and, where appropriate, legal action.
Anyone who commits a violation of the law (theft, fraud harassment, etc.) on SOS VORTEX will be expelled without refund or compensation and / or will be subject to criminal and / or civil prosecution.
Moreover, in all cases of infringement, a prohibition of access to the site could be served on the persons concerned.
SOS VORTEX reserves the right to make changes and/or additions to the Policies and Regulations at any time. All the changes will be effective at the time that the current version is modified and dated and will be posted on our website sosVORTEX.com.